The wonders of Epsom salt have been well known for hundreds of years, some of the countless health benefits include relaxing the nervous system, curing skin problems, soothing back pain and aching limbs, easing muscle strain, healing cuts, treating cold and congestion, and drawing toxins from the body.
Studies have shown that magnesium and sulfate are both readily absorbed through the skin, making Epsom salt baths an easy and ideal way to enjoy the amazing health benefits. Magnesium plays a number of roles in the body including regulating the activity of over 325 enzymes, reducing inflammation, helping muscle and nerve function and helping to prevent artery hardening. Sulfates help improve the absorption of nutrients, flush toxins and help ease migraine headaches.
Epsom Salt Baths
Soaking in an Epsom salt bath is one of the easiest external ways to boost your magnesium and sulfate levels and detox your body. Research studies have shown that magnesium is more easily absorbed through your skin then via your digestive tract.
Just add 2 cups to your bath water and soak for at least 15 minutes, 3 times a week, to reap the benefits. Do not use soap as it will negatively interfere with the salts.
To enhance relaxation add lavender essential oil as well.
Benefits of adding Epsom salts to your bath tub:
• Boost magnesium and sulfate levels
• Improved circulation and heart health.
• Improved ability for the body to use insulin
• Eliminates harmful toxins
• Relieves body aches
• Improved nerve function
• Natural stress-reliever, binds serotonin which creates a feeling of well-being and relaxation.
• Reduced pain and muscle cramps
• Improved absorption of nutrients
• Reduce swelling of sprains and bruises
• Prevent or ease headaches
• Soften your skin
• Soothe itchy and sunburned skin
• Helps you and your children to sleep better
Here at the Murnaghan Clinic we often recommend to our clients in sports injury recovery, to have a hot Epsom salts bath after their treatment with us, as in our 20 years of experience we find this accelerates the healing process for our clients. @ The Murnaghan Clinic: We know these secrets that is why we get such good results, quickly.!